A quick glance at my Social Media this weekend and looking at our local shops there is no denying it, Christmas is coming! Christmas is traditionally the busiest time for buyers looking at buying a home, but marketing your home over the holidays is not the easiest task with decorations being up, and often, extra family around. If you really want to sell your home, you need to be on the market over the Christmas holidays to take advantage of these extra buyers, so we have put together our top 8 tips on how to market your home over the Christmas period:
- Where ever possible, try to get your photographs taken before you have put your decorations up, even the most tasteful decorations will put buyers off, your tree may be fabulous but buyers really want to see how your home is lived in for the rest of the year.
- Keep decorations simple, try to avoid Rudolph and Santa decorations. Instead think sophistication, simple styling with a coloured theme that compliments your interior decor.
- Bring the outdoors indoors. Decorating your mantle-piece with seasonal plants such as Holly and Ivy can look very effective and give a real homely feel.
- Kerb appeal is key. If you want your home to appeal to buyers over Christmas do not put any exterior decorations out. This is a real turn off for buyers. The only exception for exterior decorations should be white fairy lights and a beautiful handmade wreath on the door.
- Clear away the clutter. This is so hard over Christmas, with the decorations, presents, food and family filling up your home to bursting point. Having an enormous tree with hundreds of presents under it will give buyers a false impression on how much living space there really is.
- Whilst it is lovely to have family around, potential buyers may not love them quite so much. If you have any viewings booked in over the Christmas period make sure you send family out somewhere for the day.
- Forget making coffee or baking bread, making your home smell amazing it so easy over the Christmas period. If you are selling your home over Christmas don’t be afraid to go all out on fragrances. Fill your home with scents such as cinnamon, pine and berries. And if you love to be in the kitchen popping some mulled wine on your hob or mince pies in your oven really wouldn’t do any harm.
- Marketing but not marketing. There are ways to ensure you get yourself noticed over the Christmas period, without the hassle of having to actively market your home. Here at Saxon Shore Estate Agents we offer a Christmas Sellers Package. We will send out our professional photographers before you put up your decorations. Your property will be launched to the online property portals and to all of our highly active social media channels over the key Christmas period. We will then arrange viewings for a time that suits you in the New Year. Meaning you get to enjoy time with your family, go all out with the decorations, knowing that your home is being marketed for you. And you will start 2018 with ready-made viewings.