Today is “Blue Monday” Officially the most depressing day of the year.
Christmas is over, our bank accounts are empty, we are back to the routine of work, everyone seems to have a cold or a virus, you’ve already broken your new years resolutions and the weather is just grim, how do you cheer yourself up?
Blue Monday isn’t the only day of the year you can feel depressed, here are my tips for busting the blues:
- Treat yourself – make time to start that book you’ve been dying to read, go for a hair cut, have a long soak in the bath, meet a friend for coffee. Whatever you do, take ten minutes today to do something just for you.
- Exercise – It’s well known that exercise can lift your mood, so take up that gym membership, join a fitness club or start running. If this feels a little too daunting, a brisk walk is also excellent exercise and a great way to get outside and enjoy your surroundings.
- Comfort food – It’s a time for soups and stews. Warming comfort food eaten in front of a roaring fire always makes me feel content. Forget the diet for a day and plan to have some food that makes you feel happy.
- Hobbies – What hobbies have you been meaning to start? pottery? photography? knitting? Horse riding? There are so many things we always mean to do and never quite get around to them. So today, investigate and book up whatever hobby you have been promising yourself you will take up.
- Reflect – Days like today can be depressing, but take a minute to look back and remember happy days and remember spring is just around the corner.
- Plan – What are your plans for 2019? A family holiday? new kitchen? new car? There is no harm in picking up a brochure and start thinking about this. If you are thinking of moving, why not call Saxon Shore and book one of our FREE, no obligation market appraisals?
Whatever you do today make the most of it and remember it’s just a day.